Come to Owasso for a Low Cost of Doing Business.
Qualities that attract new companies to Owasso, Oklahoma include a sound infrastructure and a cost of doing business that is 11% below the U.S. average. Businesses here enjoy low rents, low energy costs and low taxes. State and local incentives, such as tax credits, may lower the costs even further.
Metro Tulsa’s infrastructure includes the Port of Catoosa, an inland port that makes bulk shipping to and from coastal ports accessible and economical. Additionally, Tulsa International Airport and strong rail and highway systems make the area completely transmodal.
Low utility costs and high availability and reliability are other factors. Water availability is especially critical to many industries. The metro Tulsa region is known for having an abundance of lakes and rivers and thus, plenty of water for manufacturing and transportation.
Two central networks for broadband interconnect make Tulsa area communications as extensive as for any other area.
Additionally, metro Tulsa’s workforce is known, and paid accordingly, for its productivity. The Tulsa MSA’s gross product is projected to increase 5.5 % annually through 2022; the projected gross product for the U.S. is 2.3 %.
- Timeline for annexation to Owasso, if required, is 6 weeks and rezoning also 6 weeks.
- Platting of a site, which requires Owasso Planning Commission and City Council approval, typically takes 2 months due to meeting schedules.
- A site plan for a properly zoned and platted site can be reviewed by Owasso staff without going to the planning commission. Grading permits can be approved before site plan to speed development timeline.
- Turnaround for building plan review is 10-15 days, often sooner, and staff is accessible for questions directly.
- Inspections available same day, if scheduled by 2 p.m.
- There is no fee for pre-development meetings – staff will advise developers for better approaches to get permit approval.
- Permit fees are reasonable.
- No impact fees are charged.
Professional developers describe Owasso as “contractor/developer friendly.”